I made dresses for my Barbie dolls largely because my parents couldn't afford
to buy lots of doll clothes for me, but my interest in historic costume dates
to my adolescence, when I saw the Masterpiece Theater series "Six Wives of
Henry VIII" on television.  I dove into histories of the period, to see how
much of the series was based on fact, and branched out from there into
costume history.

My mother sewed in a dress factory.  Her specialty was sewing on buttons, but
she knew the basics of how to use a sewing machine and how to follow a simple
pattern, and she helped me out with my first projects.

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"I'm starting to like the cut of this man's gibberish."
--General Fillmore (from "The Tick," episode 2)