I hope to get a dog when I have more spare time!

P.S. My father hated cats, and wouldn't allow us to have one; all of our pets when I was growing up were dogs. Big dogs, like Labradors and Weimaraners.

But my mother liked all kinds of animals, and so did her second husband. The pet they had the year they both died was a charming gray and white tabby, who
is now my costuming companion.  :-)

I grew up with cats, so sometimes I miss them. But I don't miss litter boxes. I do mis having a dog, especially when I have three little boys here, and I firmly believe a boy should have a dog. When I buy a house, hopefully within the next year, I'm going to buy a dog. They want just a dog--I want a Sheltie, and I won't settle for anything else. That's what I grew up with, and that's what I want. They are the perfect dog--smart, gentle, and beautiful.

Dianne