??? I don't understand the problem here. I can knit and crochet (and quilt
and embroider), and I could both knit and crochet when I was a child. My
grandmother taught me -- my mother taught me to hook rugs and needlepoint
and cross stitch. This was long after polio, but I was a crafty kid (I also
learned macrame and tons of other crafts). I did a couple of crocheted
afghans when I was around 12, and lots of knitted scarves and things (I
wasn't interested enough in knitting to learn to make sweaters). Knitting
and crocheting are both very simple.

Gail Finke