Hancock's is part of a bigger corporation and if a store doesn't meet a
certain profit margin, it gets closed. Wonder if Hancock's chain owners
have changed in recent years--I've seen this happen here in Omaha when
long-time independent or small chain stores voluntary sell controlling
interests to a corporation. Sometimes, some stores get closed
immediately; in others I've seen selections get fewer and/or "who the
heck is choosing this stuff that no one would want to buy"--crosses my
mind. Therefore, these stores stop attracting paying customers and then
don't meet their profit margins. In the big business world, closing
unprofitable stores, whether actual or created deliberately, is a tax
write-off.

Notice if your favorite chain fabric store isn't what is used to be for
selection or not. The real owners may want to close it, forcing
customers to drive further to another store in the chain, or go online.
Like we are going to buy all of our fabric online--sometimes you do have
to see, feel(and smell)fabric for real before laying out big bucks!

Cindy Abel