  Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:55:37 -0700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [h-cost] Re: Stash Enhancement Possibilities

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:15:36 -0700
>From: Stephen
>Subject: [h-cost] Stash Enhancement Possibilities
>
>Good news, bad news, and more bad news.
>
>The good news is that Hancock Fabrics at 7900 Florin Road in Sacramento
>CA has everything marked off at least 30%. The bad news is that the sale
>is because they are closing up the store.
>
>So this is a good chance to stock up on notions and staples as well as
>getting some nice fabric and yarn at a good price.
>
>The more bad news is that the reason the store is closing is because the
>area is not that safe. They have an armed guard in the store. So I would
>not plan on going after dark.
>
>Don't know how long this sale is going to last, but the first ones there
>get the best bones!
>
>Stephen Bergdahl

That's very interesting, and somewhat disconcerting. The Hancock Fabrics in
Bremerton, Washington (on Wheaton Way) is also closing, and also has
everything currently at 30% off. No real excuse why the store is closing,
but it just "isn't doing well". It's in a poor area. Not outright unsafe,
but sort of grungy-commercial. Lots of discount type stores nearby.

I sure hope this doesn't indicate something worse in store for the future
of Hancocks.

Julie