Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:29:38 +1000
From: "Elizabeth Walpole" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Scientific explaination of my addiction

----- Original Message -----
From: "REBECCA BURCH" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <h-costume@mail.indra.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:59 AM
<snip>

> Sound tests have also revealed that these fabrics emit
> a very high-pitched sound, heard only by a select few,
> a breed of women known as "quilters". <snip>

I think we need to extend this theory, obviously different fabrics are
emitting different frequencies and each sewer is sensitive to different
frequencies, you see the quilting cottons have never spoken to me but
brocades and silks frequently do. Some become quilters because they are
sensitive to the frequency emitted by quilting cottons while others
become
costumers because silk cries out to them piteously. Then there are the
poor
souls who can hear the sound of all types of fabric and they do
quilting,
historic costuming, mundane sewing and can't possibly leave a fabric
shop
without something because one of their addictions will catch them. :-)
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Walpole
Canberra Australia
ewalpole[at]tpg.com.au