In a message dated 6/20/2006 8:12:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I wish  they were going to bring in some more classic and natural fabrics but
I'm  afraid that they'll assume since things aren't moving people aren't
sewing and  not realize it is just because people don't want what they  have

Yes, I'm afraid that is a lost cause.  When the mega-JoAnn's near us  opened
a few years ago, they had wonderful silks (not just dupioni) and Italian
wools.  I bought several pieces at various times, but eventually that whole
section was closed out--did score one piece of silk when it went on  clearance.

BUT, I'm sure the reason it was all closed out is that most people just
didn't buy it.  And I must admit, most of what I bought was with the 40% or
50%
off coupon.  If it doesn't make money, there is no point in their  giving it
shelf space.

On a brighter note, though, that JoAnn's, in with the brightly-colored and
modern-printed and embroidered linens, does have a bolt of cotton/linen blend
handkerchief weight.  I was tempted, but I stocked up on linen in New York
last year, so really couldn't justify buying it right now.

Ann Wass