At 6:28 PM -0600 6/20/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Better yet, I remember when they took up seven floors of an ancient
building on G Street, with stuff piled everywhere. If you were willing to
dig, you could find old bolts of wonderful stuff with old wonderful prices
on them, which clearly had not been touched for years.

--Robin

And Joy Trims was still around...SIGH I still have a few leftovers from the last big buy from them. And yes the old G Street was well worth the trip. I know it's heresy but the new ones are just not as wonderful as the old one with the rickety elevator and the great piles of wonderful stuffs... And Minnesota Fabrics had real remnants and Dannaman's in Newark had great bolts of Buddhist Orange silk for $1 a yard...which overdyed so well as well as other great ends.

SIGH a moment of silence

Carol
--
Creative Clutter is Better Than Idle Neatness!