david webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Greetings all:
Some related info on everything you ever wanted to know about household
items made of wood:

  MUCH SNIPPAGE

 The late Maurice Stevenson, who revised this book
for its third edition, was a senior inspector of weights and measures and an
enthusiastic collector of old weights and measures. Other Shire titles by
this author are: "Weights and Measures" SNIP

  COMMENT
  Gentles of the List,
  While David Webb - [thanks for a most intersting and informative Posting,
BTW, David] - is on the subject of historical weighing - can anyone recommend
any Merchant/source for a set of medieval-looking small scales?  My Lady Alys
Vitel would like to have a set sutiable for a late-15th C Apothecary/Herbalist.
  Something with a price tag that wouldn't call for me to take-out a second
Mortgage to afford to buy the scales, would be nice?

  God's Blessings on you all this Feast of St. Cassius; - and until He calls us
Home to Him for the Last Battle and The Judgement that shall follow..

                  Yours in Service,
  Matthew
  ["Messire Matthew Baker", Governor & Castellan of Jersey, 1486-1497:
  Motto  - "Si vis pacem, para bellum" (Trans:-"if you wish for Peace, prepare
for War") ]
  aka. - Julian Wilson,  - late-medieval Re-enactor; Herald, Historian, &
Master Artisan to
"The Companie of the Duke's Leopards",
[the Island of "old" Jersey's only mediæval living-history Group]
Meet us at <  www.dukesleopards.org  >"
     [input]
  -