Hi, Bjarne,
For a costumer as enthusiastic as you have been, these sound like scary questions. I hope you are okay. What I've found is that friends and enthusiasms are cyclic -- actually I've found even depression is cyclic -- and that everything, including relationships and my mood, waxes and wanes. So I try, now in my middle age, not to make too much of the waning periods, not to do anything too extreme (like throwing out all my costumes or declaring a friendship truly over) on the basis of a low time. If I'm really bored with something, I put it away and mark in my notebook the date. If in a year I am still bored with it, I think about where it might be donated or given away so it could benefit somebody else. If I find myself thinking of a friend I haven't heard from in a long time, sometimes I drop them a note -- often, despite my previous bad behavior, they are surprisingly happy to hear from me!

My family is too big a problem to get into on a public list, but let's just say I've put them away for a year or two at a time, too, and they were still there -- and just as big a problem -- when I got back to them. ;-)

Do take care.
Lauren