From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lavolta Press
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 10:15 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: Prefixes for headers? (was: Re: [h-cost] The delete button...)

> Can we kill this discussion?
> There's nothing wrong with this list.
> If something comes up that you don't want to read, don't read it. If
> you
> accidentally read something you find to be a waste of time, well boo  hoo!
Who
> here has spent any significant amount of time reading such  things?

Like many other people on the list, there are _some_ messages you don't
want to process at all--or you would not ask to have a discussion killed
instead of just ignoring those messages.  I understand.  I feel the same
way.  When it became clear that people had different ideas about which
discussions are irrelevant and uninteresting, I proposed the idea of
filters to see what people thought of it. Some like the idea, some
don't. OK.  Any inference (not yours, I know) that I'm trying to take
over h-costume or impose standards on everyone by making such a
suggestion is absurd--it's not even technically possible.

So, now we can all go back to flaming each other and asking for
discussions to be killed whenever =someone gets bored.

Fran
Lavolta Press
http://www.lavoltapress.com