> I love the "Authentic" renaissance costume, which has "curved" bodice
seams.
> AAACK!

What style? What part of the renaissance? What pattern? I can't see any
Simplicity "renaisance" pattern claiming to be authentic. The one under
"Historical"  4508? I think they are going for a Jacobean and a Spanish
court flavour for those....

Doublet bodices of the late 16thC can have curved seams, it means you can
get a bodice to fit right up to the neck without distorting the centre front
line.
http://sayaespanola.glittersweet.com/extant.htm in there is a link to a
jerkin on the Met Muesum site, it has curved front and back seams.

Not all curved seams are created equal! The shapes on the Simplicity
patterns would need to be tweaked to make them "better" though.

Well they'd need to be completely redrafted for me even if I were to use it
as a quickie costume pattern... but that's a whole other rant.

Michaela de Bruce
http://glittersweet.com