In a message dated 8/14/2006 2:42:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

That  dress seems to me to smack of Little House on the Prairie. In my own
>mind, Heidi wears dirndls--maybe my childhood Heidi book dressed Heidi
>that way?

Perhaps the designer feared making it look like Busch Gardens...y'know that
European folk dress nether-world look. So  instead the designer opted for the
general 19th century child  nether-world of "Little House". Of course both
these nether-worlds derive from  actual clothing. Naturally, for me, the
challenge is to make things  look REAL, without alienating or confusing young
viewers
expectations... too  much. But using startling choices that are correct is a
great  thing.