Welcome Marjorie.
  Lady Von
  http://www.wildthangstreasures.com

Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I am a new member who has been lurking a few days. Wow, this is a great
list!

I am a historical novelist/stay-at-home-mom/costume enthusiast from Maine
who is currently making an Empire gown, thanks to Janet Arnold. Other
projects included a Spencer from the same volume (_Patterns of Fashion 1,
Englishwomen's dresses and their construction, c 1660 - 1860_) and a c 1936
gown from Volume 2 of the series. I got inspired to dive into such projects
because of a wonderful costume designer, Hilary Derby (or Darby--I can't
quite remember) who created lovely costumes for the Theater at Monmouth, in
Monmouth, Maine (the Shakespearian Theater of Maine).

Thank you for letting me be a member of this list!

Marjorie

Marjorie Gilbert
author of THE RETURN, a historical novel set in Georgian England
www.marjoriegilbert.net
Creating a Circa 1798 - 1805 Empire Gown
http://marjoriegilbert.net/album_30_028.htm