On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Robin Netherton wrote:
> For the people who care about doing it right, I'll point to the
> reconstructinghistory.com page on beginner garb for a basic tunic, which
> is a whole lot better than the "lie down and draw around yourself" T-tunic
> approach and no harder.

Much in the same vein there's Maggie Forest's T-tunic page, it has a bit
more labeled diagrams that may work better for some:
http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval/articles/Tunics/TUNICS.HTML

Also I think maybe the patterns in Katherine Holkeboer's Patterns for
Theatrical Costumes might be simple enough that people with little
sewing experience won't be daunted. Since authenticity isn't key,
they'd work fine (I think, I don't have the book in front of me).

Or there's always Sarah Thursfield's Medieval Tailor's Assistant, for
those who have a bit more interest in sewing, but don't want to go
all-out on the research.

Ingrid

--
This email has been scanned for viruses & spam by Domenebutikken -
www.domenebutikken.no