To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 12:09 PM
Subject: [h-cost] book recomondation

Yesterday i had a meeting with a lady from Hamburg in Germany, whom i am making the new anglaise dress for.
She gave me some wonderfull gifts.
One of them, i would really recomend to read for those of you who loves the 18th century. Delany was one of the finest embroiderers of England, and she embroidered her own court mantua. This books have some pictures of her embroidery and her letters are full of describtions about fashion trough large parts of the century. She was born early in the century, and died more than 80 years old. I have already read large parts of the book, it is lovely reading!
Here is a link to it       http://tinyurl.co.uk/e7v7
The other gift i got was a lovely pillow cover embroidered with whitework and edged with esquisite lace. Its real antique 18th century. It has a kind of "shadow work" where the bottom is filled out with french knots, and believe me if i tell you, that these are so tiny, you wouldnt imagine it! Their needles must have ben very tiny, the finest i have, would be 10 times as big. Finally i got a real coin from the time of Christian VII its from 1787, what do you say?

Bjarne

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/