Hi all,

Are cartridge pleats and organ pleats the same thing? That's what Janet Arnold says in PoF, and I'm inclined to believe her. Actually, I'm looking for the French term: I found "plis canon(s)" and "plis en tuyaux d'orgue" (though I'm wondering if that isn't a direct translation from English). I still haven't found a good source for this, they're absent from every specialized lexicon I've looked at so far. Seems my sources are too recent, I can only find box pleats, knife pleats and the likes! No "open" pleats.

Thanks for any help!

Audrey