On Friday 10 November 2006 12:31 am, Robin Netherton wrote:
[snip]
> That seems more than a little excessive. When I inquired about the book
> for possible review in MC&T, I was told it would be 1,090 NOK, which
> equals 170 USD (at least today). That would have included shipping to our
> reviewer in Denmark, but I can't imagine it costs 80 additional dollars to
> ship to the US.

I suspect most of the difference is their markup.

> ISTR that Beth Matney, on this list, got a copy a while back. Perhaps it
> is cheaper if you order direct from the museum?

Cheaper, perhaps, but more difficult.  Beth was actually in Norway and could
pay in the local currency.  They were not taking credit cards at that point.

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point
of doubtful sanity."  --Robert Frost