Sigh. I love authenticity, AND I love clothing that borrows beautiful elements from the past, AND I am plagued by a syncretistic sense of humor that, for instance, prompts me to imagine making a lovely robe a la française out of a nice lissere fabric patterned with...scottie dogs. The key is to keep them separate, and wear them where appropriate.

However, just FYI, my Lady, when I went to your Web site, none of the navigation links seemed to work for me -- I could not get into any of your sections.

Lauren
On Nov 13, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Voncile W. Dudley wrote:

I love it as well and I also construct and for a lot less expense. I have one under construction right now. Can be seen at http:// www.wildthangstreasures.com under adult section. I am undecided as to the trim. I considered hand painting the design but if I can find just the right trim, I may not paint but right now it's paint. I have a lovely flowing swirl that I will use either way.
  Lady Von

Sue Clemenger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Interesting, that you liked it. It made my eyes bleed, and the
authenticity-nut part of me back up hissing and spitting. I was also pretty
taken aback by the price (starting at 350 pounds??? Wowser!).
I guess our respective mileages are varying greatly on this one, huh? ;oD
--sue in montana
----- Original Message -----
From: "Branwyn Maura"
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:46 AM
Subject: [h-cost] Re: gores in skirt in late Middle ages???

Gores in various configurations were used to widen skirts from the early
middle ages on (it's an early step in the evolution of tailoring), but the use of a contrast gore for stylish effect is not really documentable for
this period (I think there is some use of this technique in the 19th
century, but I'm not sure).

It looks really nifty, however. Makes me wish it *was* documentable...

Marg.

  Lady Von

  http://www.wildthangstreasures.com

Lauren M. Walker