Posting any question will lead to various replies. No one doubts the woman's
work. What has been happening is a critiquing of the style of the garment. I
believe what is pushing a few buttons are that this garment is being
presented or implied as a gown that would have been worn during the Middle
Ages and this kind o' rankles a few who are seriously into authentic. Plus
the thought of "possible" misinformation being passed on to people can make
one annoyed.
I have emailed to see if she has docs. as her Burgundian rendition and
French gown seems to have some research behind it so perhaps she has found a
source.
Personally, I like the dress though I would change a few things like the
white trim and remove the modern princess seams but the colour is a fine
combination. If I had the figure to wear this, I probably wouldn't wear it
to an Medieval SCA event as I like to shoot little higher on the
"authenticity" meter but I would wear it to a RenFaire, Costume Convention
or a SCI-FI convention.
I do not believe that anyone on this list has been ripping the woman to
shreds but I believe that her gown has been harshly critiqued by a few.
I am glad that you brought up the gore question because there is always the
possibility that someone has found hard proof of it and I have never seen
this company before and probably would not have if you had not asked the
question. And though I probably will not order from them (as I am in the US
and can't afford them) I like to see people's rendition of garments as much
as looking at extent garments. :)

De