Hey, we all have our individual way of sewing.  When I think of a garment
sewing time I think about everything involved from the laying out of the
pattern to the last detail.  I thought the garment in question was gorgeous not
thinking about the authenticity or anything else, just first impression. I use
a regular ol sewing machine and such and I don't sew on a large scale.  Those
who do are to be complimented for their ability to do such and create beautiful
authentic or just Ren garb.
  Smile...you will feel better!
Lady Von
Sue Clemenger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Absolutely! I may have been making incorrect assumptions about the
construction of this dress, but the website wasn't exactly forthcoming with
details! ;o)
I've not really ever bought historically-themed clothing or costumes, as I
usually make my own, but I have definitely purchased my share of
off-the-rack clothing over the years, and have looked at some items that
friends have purchased. There's an awfully wide range of construction
options out there, and certainly, an item that was more carefully
constructed would be worthy of a higher asking price. I just don't assume
the reverse, especially given that the website didn't provide many details,
which I've seen a number of others do, especially when they're aiming at a
reenactor's market, in which authentic construction is a definite selling
point for some folks.
--Sue