Hair spray. It's sticky and even holds my fly away hair. (It does get
"crunchy", though.) :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:06 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Hair

I'd be dee-lighted to hear the solution to this problem, since I have
it too.  My hair is fine but plentiful, and nothing I've tried seems
able to hold it in place for more than 10 minutes.  Argh! In fact,
back in the 80s, my hair wouldn't even hold a perm for more than a
week or two.

I've considered the french braid thing, but haven't tried it for
years--my hair may be long enough again that it'd work now (~3 inches
past waist). Which leads to my other problem: since I'm growing out my
hair sans trimming, I now have about 6 inches of natural layering (and
split ends), which means that when I try to hide the ends of my
braids, they poke out all over the place and look awful.  It seems
like the french braid idea would make it even harder to hide the ends,
since there really wouldn't be any place to tuck them out of sight.
Any bright ideas?

-E House