At 18:58 01/12/2006, you wrote:
It's that oh so fashionable time of the year.  Holiday parties, gifts,
theater season, formal dress of all eras. Maybe even a New Years Eve
ensemble  What are you working on?
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mine is wearing padding, a shift, corset and pink check pocket hoops for a sacque I am making for a lady to wear at the Venice Carnival in February next year. There is a caraco jacket and petticoat to follow, plus three more suits, (I have made one) a waistcoat, and three shirts for her husband. Holiday, what holiday!?

Suzi

I'm with you, Suzi. This is my busiest season, with most of my clients wanting things for 12th Night, or Mardi Gras. Right now, Yasmine is wearing pink striped fabric that is to be a new cover for her if I ever get a minute to make it up. Over that is draped a royal blue wool cassock that needs to go out the door next Thurs. Next up is an early 17th cen. court suit in slate blue and red, trimmed in gold, made from a silk sari supplied by the customer. Not correct for the period, but it is going to look nice. I'm also trying to get a forest green trimmed with royal blue 17th cen. suit done for my husband, in my copious spare time.

Melusine