From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Lauren Walker
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 11:23 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Re: striped skirt

Depending on where and when, some of the guild and export regulations
required specific fabrics to be unmixed; I'll dig out my Cambridge
History of Western Textiles tonight and see if I can find some
examples. Most of them were,if I'm remembering right, about not
allowing worsted where woolen was expected,  or not allowing wheel-
spun fibers to be used in warp, only in weft, which today we would
not even think of as mixing fibers.
Lauren

On Dec 10, 2006, at 10:46 PM, monica spence wrote:

> I think there were laws about mixing fibers, that did not have to
> do with
> religion, as well. Can't think of where off the tp of my head, but
> if I find
> it I'll post it.
> monica/ Catriona

Lauren M. Walker