Hi

I think its just the ribbon wich has ben cut to pieces, then the ends is turned back and its stitched in the middle of the ribbon to the stomacher.
Interresting with that blue collour!

Bjarne
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:12 AM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] construction ?

    It looks to me like a stomacher, with the blue ribbon as an applied
decoration.  The ribbon is not functional.  The gown closes by
pinning it to the stomacher, and the ruching would hide the pins
nicely.

    So to construct it, make a stomacher and noodle around with the
ribbon until it looks nice.

    I've seen stomachers with ribbon applied criss-cross (faux lacing),
and this just looks like a much fatter ribbon being used.

    -Carol

Anyone have an idea as to how the blue on the plastron is constructed?
Is it a section on material that has a wee bit of gather in the center and
clipped on the sides?
http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/cjackson/l/p-liotard2.htm

De