Great Scott, it's the only Visitation picture that
actually shows Elizabeth further advanced in her
pregnancy than Mary.

Ok, I haven't seen all the Visitations ever, but an
awful lot of them have neither woman looking pregnant
Or only Mary looking pregnant, which isn't exactly the
point of the story.   :)

And though a picture of saints, I'd take that detail
of "open the side seam and turn in into a laced
opening" as accurate in a NY minute. fwiw

Ann in CT

--- Robin Netherton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, Robin Netherton wrote:
>
> > This is the one I like -- look at Elizabeth's left
> side, and you'll see the side seam has been opened
and laced with a gap. You can see the dark underdress
beneath.

http://www.wga.hu/cgi-bin/highlight.cgi?file=html/w/weyden/rogier/17other/3visitat.html&find=visitation