From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Robin Netherton
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 7:58 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Movies and ancient costume

Following up my own post -- a quick Google, as often happens, is enough to
shed light. Apparently this idea of the "guest room" with the manger has
been around for a while; some of the citations I'm seeing are to papers
from the 1970s and 1980s. Here are a couple of nice summary pages:

http://www.ancientsandals.com/articles/01_jesus_birth.htm
        With nice photos and diagrams.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/122206NazarethVillage.aspx

And not a word about costume in either of them, I think. Oh well.

--Robin