Hi again!

I'm kind of stuck. I've found a lot of very interesting images of Namban traders.

For example:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/NanbanGroup.JPG
or this, from the Costume museum
http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/33.htm

Both those sources are Japanese, BTW.

They're a little later than what I'm aiming for, but I'm still curious about one thing: I can't find images of Europeans from European sources, wearing the long poufy pants. Short ones, yes, down to about just below the knee. Longer, no. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I've looked at all my portrait and pattern books covering the period, as well as on the Web, and I still can't find them. It's not in Alcega, Arnold or Waugh, and it's not in my books about Renaissance portraits. It's not even in Peackock, who can sure make up some funky stuff sometimes!

Maybe I'm just not looking late enough? But even later on, high boots were so popular that pants seem to stay around knee-length.

I'm just curious. I'm aiming at 1580-1600, maybe even earlier, so I doubt the poufy pants and straight-waisted jackets are correct (higher waists and long points seemed to be fashionable at the time). But those images got me wondering...