To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] question about robe anglaise.

At 17:56 27/01/2007, you wrote:
Well it is because the bodice has a sharp v point in the bodice at the back, and i thoaght it would look better, if the skirt dont have a seam there..........
dont know?

Bjarne

There are three dresses in Janet Arnold with similar backs, and at least two, if not all three, have centre back seams. It actually makes life easier if you are splitting the fabric to hang down inside.

Suzi