Of course scientifically, no one even knows if we see the same colors as
others. My brain interprets a certain wave length of electro-magnetic energy as green, but there's no way of knowing if your brain interprets it the same. We both call whatever we see at that wave length green, but do we "see" in our
mind's eye the same thing?

Oh, you bet! You should hear me go round and round with my daughter... "it's green"
"no, it's blue"
"green"
"blue"
GREEN
BLUE!

Usually, it's not even one of those wishy-washy turquoise or aqua colors, but we both see them differently. Neither of us is color blind, either.

As for color vision itself, I've read that humans are able to distinguish more finely between shades of green than for any other color. The reason postulated was that as evolving herbivores/gatherers recognizing shades of green was more important for survival than other colors. Individuals with finely developed green discrimination presumably ate better.

Denise
Iowa