David Brown http://www.oxbowbooks.com/ is very good to deal with, but so is Michael Shamansky http://www.artbooks.com/ Speaking of which, has anyone seen:

Dalla testa ai piedi. Costume e moda in età gotica. Atti del Convegno di Studi, Trento, (From head to foot. Custom and fashion in the Gothc Age.) 7-8 ottobre 2002 edited by Laura Dal Pra and Paolo Peri. ISBN: 8877021659 Price: $82.50 Shamansky Description: Trento: Provincia Autonoma di Trento, 2006. 28cm., pbk., 622pp. prof. illus., most in color. Papers from the symposium held on the occasion of the exhibition "Il Gotico nelle Alpi". (Beni Artistici e Storici del Trentino, Quaderni, 12)

Beth

At 06:04 AM 2/2/2007, you wrote:
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:26:37 -0800
From: "Wanda Pease" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think we are going to have a better way of getting this book.  David Brown
books contacted me because I suggested THEY carry it.  That way they can do
all the work of getting it, pricing it (looks like about $99.50 but don't
quote me yet) and making it available.  They speak English, they do mail
order all the time; they take plastic.  I've even known them to make a deal
where you pay in installments!

If there was ever a book that those who love the Italian Renaissance either
in costuming or in history (or both).  You NEED this book!

Stay tuned to this Group for further developments!

Regina Romsey