From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Anna Zola Piggie Rethie
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:03 PM
To: h-costume@mail.indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] Our Country's Good

Hullo all! This is my first time posting anything to the list, though I've
been lurking quite a while.
I'm designing the costumes for my high school's production of Our Country's
Good, by Timberlake Wertenbaker. If you don't know it--it's about the
British convicts and soldiers sent to found a penal colony in Australia in
1789. There are several marines in the play--from rank of 2nd lieutenant to
major, a navy midshipman, and the navy captain governor, an aborigine (not
sure yet if this character will be played by a man or woman, which is a pain
for designing the costume), several convict men, and five convict women. I
was wondering if anybody here knew of any resources for researching the
clothes of any of these sorts of people, or just happened to know stuff
themselves.
Much thanks!
Cheerio,
Anna