Thanks for that link! I didn't know someone has done such a research about
surviving garments... I think this won't help me much directly in this project,
but it'll surely help me in the future:-))

Heather Rose Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 24, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Zuzana Kraemerova wrote:

> I'm just about to do a gown from the mid 14th century Bohemia-
> German, (could be France, too). It will be for a man from a lower
> aristocratic class. So that's why I'm looking for some inspiration:-))

If you think that surviving garments from early 14th c. Bohemia might
help you in this research, look into the burial garments of King
Rudolf I of Bohemia. If you go to my surviving garments database
online choosegarment.php> and simply select: (Modern) Country of Garment =
Czech Republic, all the items currently in the database with that
characteristic are the Rudolf grave garments. I don't know how easy
the cited pubications will be to track down, but they include cutting
diagrams and lots of pictures as well as descriptions.

Heather