Here's an interesting websit on Chinese knot tying, this is for a clothing
"frog".

http://co.middlesex.nj.us/culturalheritage/chineseknotting/button.html

  very pretty and decorative.
  Also try searching for "knot tying " in your search feature or the macrame
pages for something more in line with the knot you want.
  Best,
  Melody

  (snip)
   Kimiko Small <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi all,

I will be working on a new Elizabethan loose gown (16th c.), and I wanted to
close them with Turkish knots. But I am having problems finding info on them,
or how to make period Turkish knots/frogs, and my googling has only gotten a
couple of leads.

 Any hints, links, mailing lists, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kimiko Small