Walmart carries garment quality fabric? I suppose it does depend on location. The Walmart here (NW WA) has a somewhat diverse craft department, carries a limited selection of patterns and I haven't seen any fabric there that I would want to make clothing from unless it was a one time use/halloween costume type thing. It seems to cater to quilters and home crafters. However, my MIL used to be the fabric/craft department manager for a Walmart in Utah and she says they sold a lot of dress fabric. I can't imagine they would eliminate the fabric in a location that had decent sales.

  Annette

I've never seen actual clothing fabric at my local WalMarts either.

However, I find it simply astonishing that, apparently, raising a big enough stink can even have an effect on WalMart. Where both of the store in my town were losing their fabric department previously, in at least one of them it will now remain. (Still nothing I want to buy there as far as fabric goes, but it does come in handy for the occasional spool of thread...even if going in there makes me claustrophobic.)

Dianne