On Apr 10, 2007, at 6:06 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
For ribbon, the standard is just too tiny. There must be some sort of
pleating machine or sewing machine attachment for pleating in 1cm - 3
cm fan & box pleats in grosgrain, satin or velvet face ribbons.  They
do exist for industrial ribbon manufacturing.  How 'bout at the home
or small dressmaker's shop scale?
Know of one?  It would be just the thing.
Dreaming of powertools in Silicon Valley,

Why, yes! I have one! Let me find a picture. Here! What it looks like and how
to use it! http://vintagesewing.info/1920s/26-fcm/fcm-07.html

I've got a ruffler foot just like that.
<http://www.bovil.com/index.php? option=com_gallery2&Itemid=47&g2_itemId=2624>
It can do maybe 1cm ruffles. Nothing big.

For serious ruffles, you want a Johnson Ruffler.
<http://www.johnsonrufflingmachines.com/>

Neither, though, really creates pleats, and neither is great on heavy- ish material. Every ruffler foot I've seen would choke on grosgrain ribbon, and a Johnson Ruffler would probably need a reinforced ruffler arm.

andy