Hi,
My current projekt is making a francaise dress in red silk taffeta.
I have used the cut from a book called "Histoire du Costume" by Maurice Leloir. It s an old book, and mostly with drawings. I have copied the drawing of the dress and the pattern draft from the book:
http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/sofie3.htm
The back pleats are 6 small pleats wich i think is very unusual. I thoaght the devellopment of the pleats for Francaise dresses was smaller and smaller space for the pleats and smaller pleats two. So my question is: What date would you suggest the drawing of the lady to be? My guess was mid eighteenth century, but now i am not so sertain any more because of the pleats in the back.
http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/sofie1.htm
http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/sofie3-12.htm
I had calculated to use much more width in the back pleats.
I guess it wont be this important if i use small or large pleats, if i use larger, i can add more width. But i was just currious, have you seen other examples with small pleated francaise dresses?

Bjarne

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/