A different age, to be sure! I suppose the servants would supply a vessel and then take it off to the gardens or wherever to deal with it.

I am reminded of the Castillian (iirc) standard nativity figurine, of the man relieving himself (don't know if those articles passed through here this past Xmas; there were several about him.)

--
"If you claim that something is true, I will examine the evidence which supports
your claim; if you have no evidence, I will not accept that what you say is true and I