I think everyone's looking at frame as a generic type
that has never changed. That's not so. Most German Ren
purses are suspended from a single point in the
middle, not from a chain anchored at two points. Not
all, obviously, since the one at the bottom of this
page clearly has two anchor points for a chair. But
that's not the style one commonly sees in the
woodcuts.

What's being asked for is (or should be)something like
this
http://www.curiousfrau.com/Art_Research/pouches.htm

I don't know anyone who makes them, although something
similar can be built on with a plain ring.

MaggiRos