Hi,

I'm just up to make this doublet (or whatever it's called):

http://www.kazi.webz.cz/wagner/images/wag01-28.jpg

It's the second one from the left. It's taken from Medieval costume, armor, and
weapons, but originally it comes from the Wenceslas bible and it's dated to the
1432, Bohemia. I would like the doublet to follow the shape of the body, not
very tight, just a little, but not too loose. My question is - how can I
achieve this WITHOUT a fastening? Is it possible? How tight can I do the
waistline when the man's chest/bust is around 100cm? Do you know any tricks
about this?

It might not be possible to do it without fastening, so my second question is,
where would a fastening for such a garment be? (I don't want the front
fastening). On the back? Or was there any at the sides? What would be used?
Lacing? Buttons? Hooks and eyes? Anything else?

Many thanks to everyone who could give me some advice:-)

Zuzana