There's a type of little cap which I believe was worn with a robe ala francaise
which resembles nothing so much as a doily with a few ribbon hanging down the
back. It's basically a starched round of fine linen, maybe 3-4 inches in
radius, with an edging of fine lace about 1- 1/2 inches wide. Then a little
cluster of fine silk ribbons is attached via a stitched bow at the back so the
ribbon ends flow down to about the nape of the neck. I believe it's just pinned
to the top of the hair with a straight pin. With your skills, I'm sure you
could finish one of those off in no time and she'd be correctly dressed.

Karen
Seamstrix

-- "Bjarne og Leif Drews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
I am in the middle of finishing the red taffeta dress and i am also making a
hat to go with the dress, large brim, low crown.
Now i just heard that the girl i am making it for is going to open an
exhibition at Gammel Estrup about table settings for tea and coffe, trough
the ages. Its june 10th, just the day before i travel on holliday to Italy.
http://www.gammelestrup.dk/
Now i wished i had made her a cap, but i dont think i wil have the time for
that.
Wil she be able to wear the hat indoors, or wil it look strange?
http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/sofie3.htm

Bjarne
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/