Julie wrote:

I've used Wonder Under when I was planning a machine satin stitch over the
applique.  I'm looking for a way to keep the edges turned under for hand
applique.  I usually sew my applique with a backing of some very light fabric -
maybe even netting - and then turn the shape much like a pillowcase.  No
fighting with teeny seam allowances but doesn't stick to the base fabric
either.  Any ideas for sticking?

I don't do a lot of applique anymore, but I do know one trick with the Wonder Under type products.

You can apply the iron very lightly, maybe not even touching the fabric, just getting it warm a bit, and it will cause the web to melt enough to hold it in place, but not so much that you can't peel it off and move it if you need to. Practice with some scraps to get a feel for what setting on the iron to use and how long to hold it there.

Dawn