I had an expensive education, went to be a costume designer, four years study at an artschool in Copenhagen. But couldnt find a job, so i made another education to a kind of nurse, where i take care of elderly people living in their own home. This is a full time job 38 hours a week, with work every 3rd weekend + hollidays. But as i simply cant live without making historical costumes, i make them in my sparetime, some for myself, others for reenactors and museums.

Bjarne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jennifer Byrne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Historical Costume'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 2:55 AM
Subject: [h-cost] RE: Off Topic: What's your day job?;Was: robe a la francaise grande panier.

2 months is an impressively short amount of time for such a project!

I get the sense from messages I have read that most folks on this list do
not make/study/write about historical clothing for a living. Is this true?
If so, what do you all do to fund your need to build historical clothing?

I am an attorney by day but I am fascinated with all types of historical
clothing from about the 15th century through the 19th. Someday I will focus
on one time period but I haven't yet.

Jennifer