The passport agency has not even processed applications from January and February. My son is supposed to leave this Sunday for Ireland and applied for a renewed passport on April 24th with using expedited service. It has not arrived and I had to call the state department task force for passports to see what was going on. It's still there and they have tagged it to be done but they cannot guarantee it will be done and here by the 9th. So, if you need a passport you need to apply at least 6 months in advance if not more than that.

Sincerely,
Lady Margaret