From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sonja (LS-LAMP)
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [h-cost] How clothing style can effect law (RE to OT "Baggy")

How clothing style can effect law:

Well, I live several miles from Delcambre LA and a lot of us think this is just
great.  The people the law targeted wore pants several inches below the hip
line; some almost to their knees.  The pants would pull downward on whatever
was worn underneath.  Believe me; this sometimes went well beyond a little skin
showing or thong strap not to mention near-see-through white briefs.  Race?
Funny, I haven't come across anyone who has even thought anything of the kind.
Unless you mean pro-Jewish.  That's the only race we haven't caught with the
pants-to-the-knees.

Delcambre is a small town and several town citizens complained about this
"style" of dress.  It was requested that this matter be brought up at a counsel
meeting.  The people elected by the town citizens felt they should give this
a bit of attention; after all, the town citizens were asking it be done.
SO, with just a little bit of time needed to be set aside, the new law was
developed.  Yes, more important things were discussed and have been discussed
since then...  such as the ever-going rebuilding efforts that have been the
main focus of the entire town since the hurricane nearly wiped it out.
However, the town officials still choose to pay attention to all the needs and
concerns brought to them by their citizens.  Now you know the rest of the story.