I was thinking of what my next costume would be and I came to an interesting question.
What would be your dream costume?
If you wouldn't be limited by money or your own expertise.

Well, I tend to make my dream costumes. My good friends and family bought the materials for my Laureling gown: 10 yards of shot silk, silver metal lace, 150 freshwater pearls = one 1635 Cavalier gown.

Right now I'd like to have time to finish the mermaid's costume that I'll actually be able to swim in.

As far as historic costumes, I'd like a full, from the skin out, embroidered silk robe francaise and all the accoutrements. I'm perfectly capable of making and embroidering it, it's just finding the time with all of my customers' orders.

Melusine