That said, we had our own problems, like the park ranger we had for a
few years who was an ex-LA cop. She wanted to issue citations (like
traffic citations, not like merit badges) to volunteers who, in the
ranger's opinion, didnt measure up, usually in some trivial way. I
remember the fashion violation she tried to issue...

Fashion citation to volunteers?  That is downright funny!  I just
about spewed my >drink on the screen laughing...

The idea for merit awards is a much better idea..
Gia

Looking back, I guess it is laughable. At the time I was the Volunteer
Association President caught between the senior park ranger (who could
tell us to get out) and the 100-ish volunteers. Those volunteers ought
to have been told "thank-you, your costume/interpretation/display has
improved so much" and not "that hat is a misdemeanor offense".
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]