I've never heard of pansied slops. I wonder where the name came from. Aha--another online reference says it came from Winter and Savoy's book, which is almost completely untrustworthy. I would treat this term with skepticism until a 16th-century reference can be found--does anyone have one?

Just curious,
Melanie