I have an additional Leine question: on some of these sites, the sleeves are
pleated all the way up the arm--sometimes covered with trim.  I've also seen
them with drawstrings alone in the same area--both make a very pretty
presentation, but I'm wondering if they are documentable in period?  I have
some gorgeous saffron linen here that I really want to make into a leine,
but I'd like it to be as correct as possible.

Cheers,
Meli

On 7/9/07, Maureen and Saragrace commented:

Kind of depends on what you are doing this for.  Scottish, Irish?  How
accurate are you trying to be?   Also, there is no absolute evidence for how
they were made....

There are several decent starting summaries online, but depending on what
you are doing this for, you may want to do your own research.

Here are a few.

http://www.kelthaven.org/leine/ <http://www.kelthaven.org/leine/>
http://www.albanach.org/leine.html< http://www.albanach.org/leine.html>

Sg