I'd do the Dorothy Dunnett  "House of Nicolo" series.  A 15th century piece (if
I remember correctly) in Bruges. There are several costumes described which I
think would be so much fun.  One of them is where the main characters clothing
was stolen while he was sleeping, sewn with many bells, and then returned.  He
puts it on and proceeds to do a "pied piper" thing with all the goats in the
village.  There is also a scene where he rides an ostrich through town which
has been de-feathered.  Of course that isn't a costume thing so much....  ;}

Then there is her Lymond Chronicles too, (16th century) where the protagonist
from England, France to Middle east....lots of costume opportunities there.

Sg